Thanks for visiting our page. After 37 years of dedicated service, our beloved CEO is retiring, so the Board of Directors of Meals on Wheels Waco is looking for a new CEO to provide leadership and vision. Please review the description below, as well as the rest of the information about our organization and community on this website. If you think that you may be the right candidate, complete the application on our Contact page so that we can begin a conversation. We hope to identify our new CEO by Thanksgiving with a start date in December 2018.
Classification: Regular full-time
Reports To: The Board of Directors
Meals on Wheels is a proven public-private partnership that effectively addresses the challenges of aging by promoting health and improving quality of life for our community’s most vulnerable seniors. By leveraging our network, we can not only keep seniors at home, where they want to be, but also save billions in tax dollars by keeping them out of more costly healthcare alternatives.
Staff and Board:
- Lead and empower an effective team, building strong morale and collaboration through compassion, courage, and integrity.
- Foster a climate which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Serve as the principal liaison between the Board of Directors and staff.
Development and Marketing:
- Grow the profile of Meals on Wheels by serving as its primary spokesperson, actively and effectively representing the brand and organization to partners, funders, community leaders, and the community at large.
- Execute a successful fund development strategy, working closely with the board to steward existing supporters and increase current levels of giving while identifying new funding sources, especially through building Meals on Wheels’ major donor base and the utilization of new technologies.
- Optimize the momentum of current successful efforts, including government funding and direct mail programs, while championing next generation fund development strategies, such as planned giving, corporate partnerships, and major gifts.
Budget and Finance:
- Demonstrate financial acumen in managing and growing Meals on Wheels’ business model and activities, financial reserves, and operational stability.
- Be a business professional who can ensure Meals on Wheels applies sound financial and administrative practice to deliver on its mission.
Program development and execution:
- Translate organizational goals and vision into a strategic plan to achieve Meals on Wheels’ mission and vision of providing comprehensive senior care and social services for the broader Waco community.
- Build community alliances with stakeholders to advance the mission and work of Meals on Wheels; and engage in public policy advocacy at local, state, and national levels.
- Occasionally deliver meals to our clients.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in nonprofit management, social work, sociology, counseling, gerontology, psychology, public administration, or their related areas; or bachelor’s degree with five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity. Administrative business/management experience required. Experience in aging network helpful.